Awakened Goal Setting: What’s in Your Way?
As the year winds to a close . . . you may wonder what’s next?
What will you create in 2018?
How will you live in 2018?
I’ve been writing/recording a series of reflections on how to transform goal setting from a striving activity to an awakening ritual. To catch up, you can read these:
Also, for those who want to go deeper, we’ll be offering our premier program What’s Calling You in mid-February 2018. Be the first to know when we open registration, get on the wait list here.
Okay, now let’s get into the next teaching:
Why Is Not Enough
Much has been written about the importance of finding your Why in life.
But, not all whys are created equal.
There’s a good-why and there’s a bad-why.
One opens your eyes wider leading you towards wisdom, insight, and a more
creative future. The other closes your eyes and leads you deeper into the mud-muck-mire.
So what’s the difference between the good-why and the bad-why?
- The bad-why casts you in the victim role and positions you as a bug underneath the foot of Life.
- The good-why puts you in the learner role and positions you as a disciple sitting at the feet of Life.
Watch this 4 minute video for a powerful, immediate way to shift your mind from bad-why to good-why:
1) Identify a situation/relationship/condition where you’re currently in the mud-muck-mire.
2) Now take the perspective that this is happening not to you but for you and complete the following sentences.
This situation/relationship/condition is:
Supporting me to focus on . . .
Reminding me to let go of . . .
Inviting me to courageously . . .
Calling me to compassionately . . .
Prompting me to develop greater . . .
Urging me to risk . . .
Teaching me that . . .
3) Take a few centering breaths and read the above sentences aloud.
Listen and allow the meaning of the words to enter your heart and mind.
4) What are you aware of now?
Share your insights in the comments below
Love & Shanti
P.S. Next Step?
If you want to fully embody your sacred values, claim and share your gifts, and follow your true calling, get on the wait list to learn more about our program – What’s Calling You. It’s our deepest dive program and I teach it “live” once a year.
TO SIGN UP FOR THE REST OF THE AWAKENED GOAL SETTING TEACHINGS, SUBSCRIBE HERE:
(If you’re already on the Wisdom Heart email list, you’ll recieve the rest of these teachings)
Awakened Goal Setting
Enter your info to receive the rest of the teachings straight to your inbox...